To manage the athletic communications department in the Saint Leo University intercollegiate athletic office.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Oversee a staff of 2 as well as intern, work-study and volunteers • Keep updated statistics and game reports for all intercollegiate events • Compile SSC, NCAA, and other statistical reports • Game day production and management • Help with the production of broadcasts • Produce videos of coaches and player interviews • Write, edit, and produce media guides, brochures, and other athletic publications • Travel with teams to away contests to keep statistics and send reports to media outlets • Update SLU athletic web page, hotlines, and weekly notes • Serve as liaison with area media, providing them with weekly releases, setting up interviews, and recommending feature stories • Keep records and update old files with information regarding athletic material • Assist publications office with university wide publications • Distribution of promotional materials • Serve on Hall of Fame Committee • Serve on Alumni Relations Committee • Serve on Girls and Women in Sports Committee
• Experience in an intercollegiate sports information environment or athletic communications office
• Ability to effectively communicate with various constituents on a wide variety of topics
• Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Computer skills to include: Excel, Word, HTML and in-game statistical programs such as stat crew, automated scorebook, etc.
• Ability to update web-site and use various print and photo applications
• Ability to work under deadline pressure and collaboratively with internal and external constituencies
• Team oriented and willing to multitask efficiently and effectively
• Frequent hours outside the normal university work day, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends is required
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Journalism or related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
Lifting of equipment
Exposure to outdoor weather conditions
In addition to a resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in the second step of the application packet process:
Cover Letter Values Statement - (500 words or less), should highlight how your philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Core Values of Saint Leo University. The University Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website at “https://www.saintleo.edu/about/mission-values”.
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence—ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries—ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because ...we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.
Non-Discrimination EEO Statement
Saint Leo University has a strong commitment to principles of equal employment opportunity and equal access to education. Saint Leo University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, ethic origin, genetic information, sex, gender, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in its educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, employment, or other school administered programs.
The policy is enforced by Saint Leo University and by applicable laws such as Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII and Title IX of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992.