The manager of AC will facilitate the collection of NAIA sports news, maintain the NAIA website, produce and coordinate timely and accurate content and assist in the administration of Athletic Communications processes while implementing key strategic initiatives. Efforts will be targeted to collecting and distributing information to assist with brand awareness and a heightened perception of the NAIA, membership, national championship events and student-athletes. We are interviewing now however, the position will start on or after July 1st, 2023.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Update sports news information to the NAIA website daily, championship event stories and membership-related information.
· Produce and coordinate feature-style format content, which includes social, audio and written stories.
· Update NAIA branded graphic design templates to collaborate with marketing on covers for championship media and program guides, newsletters and various national publications.
· Produce social media content that upholds the NAIA social media policy and standards and execute on platforms (Sprout).
· Coordinate National Top 25 ratings and execute processes within the National Administrative Council (NAC) policy for all championships sports.
· Update and organize statistical records and maintain historical files by overseeing association archives.
· Collect, compile and disseminate sports news, results and statistics generated in championship events.
· Serve as on-site National Championship Media Coordinator at select events.
· Assist in management of national championship broadcasting at events (ie, video-streaming).
· Plan and coordinate all efforts related to national championship publicity and marketing, including but not limited to creation of gameday programs, media packets, information and materials.
· Provide support to the NAIA Sports Information Directors of America (NAIA-SIDA) and other professional organizations.
· Collect and organize sports information data for record-keeping files.
· Facilitate outside sports information requests from current NAIA members (ie, SIDs).
· Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree; prefer Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Sports Administration and/or related field.
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the athletic communications, journalism, sports information or other related field.
· Ability to make decisions independently in the scope of the department and the national office.
· Demonstrate excellence in writing, editing and speaking with a high degree of creativity, vision and resourcefulness
· High level of understanding and ability to strategize in all social media platforms, preferred website and CMS experience.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently, while maintaining ties with team through communication and coordination. Able to manage multiple tasks and goals.
· Demonstrate a member-focused attitude and a high level of professionalism in dealings with members.
· Ability to speak confidently in front of coaches and varying levels of administrators throughout our membership.
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., is a governing body of small athletics programs that are dedicated to character-driven intercollegiate athletics. Since 1937, the NAIA has administered programs dedicated to championships in balance with the overall college educational experience. Each year more than 77,000 NAIA student-athletes have the opportunity to play college sports, earn over $800 million in scholarships, and compete for a chance to participate in 28 national championships.