Location: Clarksville, Tennessee
Type: Part Time
Salary: $1,500 per month
Internships (not perm.)
Housing is available
This is a position for a highly-experienced individual to assist with sports coverage, feature writing, and other office duties under the direct supervision of the Athletics Communications staff.
Length of Appointment: 8-20 months
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with Athletics Communications staff to cover volleyball, women’s basketball, and additional assigned sports.
- Write weekly previews, feature stories, and recaps, and produce other material for assigned sports.
- Update coach and student-athlete biographies for media guides and website.
- Update in-season statistics.
- Submit weekly athlete-of-the-week nominations to the conference office for assigned sports.
- Post articles and update statistics on the official athletics website – LetsGoPeay.com
- Travel and staff events for assigned sports.
- Write feature articles and conduct Q&As for game programs as assigned.
- Assist with game staffing for football and basketball as assigned.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community, media outlets and the public.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to exhibit knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Statcrew, and NCAA Genius Statistical Software
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as assigned.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills (telephone and interpersonal).
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, and the candidate must possess excellent writing and editing skills and a firm grasp of Associated Press Style.
- Experience with desktop publishing programs (preferably InDesign and Photoshop) and a website content management platform (i.e. Sidearm, Presto, etc…) is also required.
- The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, and energetic, work well on tight deadlines, and possess the ability to manage several projects at once.
- Applicants must provide three references from recent employers and written and graphic work samples.